Welcome to the OFFICIAL All American Cloggers website


WHERE ARE YOU NOW?

Pretty please send us a brief note about where you are now so we can post it to this bio section!!! We would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to hear from every single All American Clogger that ever learned a shuffle step (and even those that almost did).

Suggestions:
Favorites: Clogging memories
Photos: Current and old clogging pics
Stats: How long did you clog, what are you up to now?


Email your info to: allamericancloggers@gmail.com
or just click on the CONTACT link above and we'll get you posted. Wouldn't that be cool if we found everyone?!?!?

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nicole {Metcalf} Hadley



I've been clogging since I could walk!


My mom is Cindy Metcalf (owner of AAC) so I got to know every clogger that graced his or her way through the ranks of Grand Old Flag and Sesame Jamboree.

I've been on every clogging trip and to every competition. In fact, I have even judged for the last 2 Dixie Clog competitions in SGU. I began teaching for Mom when I was 18 and when Mom switched to tap, I took over a few AAC classes until I moved to NYC so my hubby could go to school. For the last 7 years or so I have been more involved with tap than clogging. I took classes at the Broadway Dance Center when I lived in Manhattan and workshop all over the US with my mom. We even studied under Henry LeTang (winner of 3 tony awards) before he died. Mom and I teach tap at Diamond Talent Studios.

I'm married and teach middle school at SCMS in SGU. You can read about me on my blog:

quinnandnicole.blogspot.com


Here are some of my fave pics and memories of clogging:

Charity Tebbs and I competed with duets for years. This pic is at the Arts Festival, but we traveled to clogging competitions all over Utah to try at make it to Nationals.

This was our second clogging trip to Hawaii. I'm pictured with Jenny Stevenson and Kari Hales- I hear they are both married with kids. I actually cheered with Kari in high school.

This is in Cacun on our last foreign clogging trip. That shark must have been sedated!

Here I am with Keirsten, Shalene, and Kathleen in Florida. We performed as part of the 25th anniversary show in Disney World.

I hated this lift- I always felt so sorry for Ashley Broadhead that she had to lift me (even though she was SUPER tough) and I wished it was the other way around. This is our ending pose for Yani (of course that CRAZY dance would have this pose!).

I love love LOVED dancing with Keirsten (Hinton) K. who was my best clogging friend in the entire world!!! She even came back to dance with us on our last Disneyland trip after we were both married! Britta Facer is on the left.

P.S. I miss clogging!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment